Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dinner fail

Well now, I'm not sure what to say other than how horribly wrong attempting to cook dinner went. I bought a pre-cooked whole lobster, looked up recipes and ways to reheat it. While my son screamed at me most of the time while i was trying to make it, I wondered how was I going to eat it when:
1. I cringe at whole shrimp.
2. I lack paper towels.
3. The baby wont be happy for more than 5 minutes!!!

  So after it's done and I discover a whole in my duckie measuring cup after heating butter in the microwave, I cringe at pulling the claws off, I cringe at trying to tear the tail off. While tearing the tail off, bits of lobster hit my face, I gave up and almost cried. I just ate my side of corn and let my son roll around the floor. Dinner was a sad affair, even with making hot dogs so i can eat SOMETHING and not be a nightmare when Pat gets home from work.

Another thing about motherhood is when the baby passes out, it's a nice peaceful time to collect your thoughts, kick back, and enjoy the silence. After he yelled at me for 15 mins, he passed out drinking his bottle, and I left him there on the floor. Non parents judge me if you must, but once you have a little carbon copy of yourself, when they fall asleep away from their crib or bed after screaming at you, it's feels nice to just let them be. Let them look so cute and gentle, without tears streaming down their face and flailing arms hitting you and knocking down your nearby drink. But if you are like me, you're not so lucky, cos when I kissed my silent angel, I smelled poop. I checked to make sure the wipe he was chewing on earlier didnt have any poop on it, NOPE, his face, NOPE, my hands, NOPE. So I do what I've never thought I would do , even as a parent, I sniffed his butt and low and behold he had a nasty present for me. Then it dawned on me, this was probably the reason he was so PISSED. So instead of enjoying my 'break' I was fretting on leaving him be, or waking him to change it. He woke up when the stupid cat decided to step on EVERY piece of paper in the room.

But other than all of this, Happy 7 months to my son Leo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment